Tuesday, December 15, 2009

10 days to go- and counting!


It finally snowed in Utah this last week. It snowed, and snowed and snowed. It was freezing, and beautiful. It has defiantly set the mood for Christmas! The snow was all I needed to finish my last minute decorating around the house. I decorated my tree the week of Thanksgiving, and have loved having the lights on and the cozy feeling a tree brings to the room. I worked hard this year to stretch Christmas throughout the entire house.

1: I had to show off some more of my favorite ornaments. This year I found 2 broken ornaments in my ornament box. There is nothing more heartbreaking than when you tenderly unwrap an ornament only to find it shattered from its long hibernation. As Mushy put it- "Its a good thing we have a couple hundred left..."

2: Last night I decorated my table. It turned out so beautiful- I wish I was holding a Christmas party this year so I could show it off! I guess that Mushy and the Pinchers (The Ying & Yang) will have to gather around the table so that we enjoy the candle light.



3: I got this cute iron sleigh the first year I worked for Pier 1. It was perfect for the kitchen hutch. Remember my little penguin? He found a home on our refrigerator. Its the closest to the Arctic that we could get.


Of course the bathroom needed a little sprucing too! I found these cute and towels at target. a set of 2 for $4.00! What a steal!
Happy Decorating everyone!




1 comment:

Lindsey Mosbarger said...

WOW! Your decorations are AMAZING! Your house looks like it is straight out of a magazine. Nice work!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I always had aspirations to make it big. Learn French. Move to Paris- for good. Instead, I met my soul mate, and our two lives became one. We decided to make it small, and moved to a little city. The inspiration for this blog came to me, while I was driving on an old country road with the top down and my man at the wheel. As the fields flew by, and the the Wasatch Mountains glowed in the Sunset. I realized that I may never be able to speak French and I will never move to Paris but I had made it big after all. This blog is dedicated to all the little things that make small town living beautiful.