Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Favorite of the week # 1 ( Starting off a new year)


I have decided to start my favorite of the week count over again since its a new year.
My 1st Favorite of the week- in the year 2010, is......




The idea of a super cute, colorful and simple Organized Home.

Leave it to Martha Stewart to give us these little glimpses of organization. Can I just rant about Martha for a minute? I love Martha Stewart Living, and her website, MarthaStewart.com. I can not believe what awesome ideas she has, for cooking, cleaning and decorating. My favorite article in her latest issue titled. " Fresh Thinking: Organic, local, seasonal. How to shop for fruits and vegetables and weigh your choices in the produce aisle." I learned all type of things. For example, did you know that, " Buying South American asparagus or grapes in the winter requires more fossil fuels. Which generate more pollution than buying foods grown close to home." or "Seasonal means better nutrition because many out-of-season vegetables and fruits like winter peaches from Mexico- have to travel long distances and lose nutrients along the way."
I guess the reason that I really love Martha, is she teaches me about all the little things in life, and how to make them better.

On to organizing. I am turing our 3rd bedroom- or "JUNK ROOM" as we have so fondly taken to calling it, into my own personal Studio! I am so excited and post pictures along the way. it is going to be my own creative space, filled with paints, canvas, and LOTS of ORGANIZATION. I have been searching out different organizing ideas, and can't wait to get started. Wish me luck!!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

sounds delightful! i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE getting organized. i am a total sucker for cute organizational tools. i can't wait to see what you come up with.

Lindsey Mosbarger said...

FUN! I always have the intention to get organized and make it cute but somehow it always ends up turning into a bigger mess and in the end never looks as cute as it did in my head :( I am sure you will have better luck! You are good at all that home decor/organizing stuff! And your own studio......AWESOME! I can't wait to see what you create in your studio.

Steph said...

i agree. I love the thought of being organized and getting everything in cute little boxes..but actually doing it is another story. i'm excited for your studio...that sounds like fun!

miss you girl!

Wendle said...

I too need to organize. Ugh. It's so bothersome sometimes!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I always had aspirations to make it big. Learn French. Move to Paris- for good. Instead, I met my soul mate, and our two lives became one. We decided to make it small, and moved to a little city. The inspiration for this blog came to me, while I was driving on an old country road with the top down and my man at the wheel. As the fields flew by, and the the Wasatch Mountains glowed in the Sunset. I realized that I may never be able to speak French and I will never move to Paris but I had made it big after all. This blog is dedicated to all the little things that make small town living beautiful.