Saturday, May 16, 2009

Maybe next week.....


"Maybe next week" has been our mantra when it comes to yard work. This week, "maybe next week" turned into, " This is the week" While I would like to say it is because we have become extra motivated individuals, who discovered their green thumbs late in life. Its just not true. We got a letter- that was slightly more than encouraging.  

I don't see what the big deal is....... our weeds were not THAT out of control! 

So today turned into the all day marathon weed pulling extravaganza! After a long week at work, and the weed pulling extravaganza, I feel my body revoulting against me. It has taken advantage of my weakness, and craved food that I would never eat in my right mind. Like KFC & beef. Which after eating both times, reminded me as to why I never it them. So wish my little body good luck with the turmoil it is sure to endure as we refine our unnatural gardening talents! 

4 comments:

Laura said...

are you going to do some "before and after" pictures? i guess you could have just pretended the weeds were an unusual kind of tree?

Crystal Hadlock said...

don't people know that weed are the new grass? haha those are some crazy weeds!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You actually got a letter from the Polica Depatment? I am sorry but that is too funny. Maybe I should make a call to the police dcepartment for my neighbors.

Gracewanderer said...

That's awesome! You should write the police department a letter with the definition of weed (there isn't one, it just means any plant that's growing where you don't want it) and explain that your lawn doesn't have *any* weeds, that you love all of your plants and plus it's against your religion to destroy any life, including plants, insects, bacteria and virii, so if the police do stop by you'd appreciate it if they'd leave their hand sanitizer at home.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I always had aspirations to make it big. Learn French. Move to Paris- for good. Instead, I met my soul mate, and our two lives became one. We decided to make it small, and moved to a little city. The inspiration for this blog came to me, while I was driving on an old country road with the top down and my man at the wheel. As the fields flew by, and the the Wasatch Mountains glowed in the Sunset. I realized that I may never be able to speak French and I will never move to Paris but I had made it big after all. This blog is dedicated to all the little things that make small town living beautiful.